||Basics of Computer System
- Concept of Hardware and Software
- Computer block diagram
- Input Output unit
- CPU, Control Unit, Arithmetic logic Unit (ALU), Memory Unit
- Monitor, Printers: Dot matrix, Laser, Inkjet, Plotters, Scanner
- System software and Application Software
- Operating system concepts, purpose and functions
- Operations of Windows OS.
- Creating and naming of file and folders
- Copying file, renaming and deleting of files and folders,
- Searching files and folders, installation application, creating shortcut of application on the desktop
- Overview of control Panel, Taskbar.
||Using MS-word 2007
- Overview of Word processor
- Basics of Font type, size, colour,
- Effects like Bold, italic , underline, Subscript and superscript,
- Case changing options,
- Inserting, deleting, undo and redo, Copy and Moving (cutting) text within a document,
- Formatting Paragraphs and Lists
- Setting line spacing; single
- Page settings and margins including header and footer
- Spelling and Grammatical checks
- Table and its options, Inserting rows or columns, merging and splitting cells, Arithmetic Calculations in a Table.
- Working with pictures, Inserting Pictures from Files,
- Using Drawings and WordArt; Lines and Shapes, Modifying Drawn Objects, Formatting Drawn Objects, options for Creating and Modifying a WordArt Object
||Using MS-Excel 2007
- Introduction to Excel 2007,
- Introduction to data, Cell address, Excel Data Types, Concept of hyperlink
- Introduction to formatting, number, text and date formatting
- Concept of worksheet and workbook
- Understanding formulas, Operators in Excel 2007, Operators Precedence, Understanding Functions, Common Excel Functions such as sum, average, min, max, date, transpose, In, And, or, sqrt, power, upper, lower.
- Types of graphics : Word art, auto shapes , Images
- Introduction to charts, overview of different types of charts available with Excel
- Concept of print area, margins, header, footer and other page setup options
||Using MS-Powerpoint 2007
- Outline of an effective presentations,
- Starting a New Presentation Files, Saving work,
- Creating new Slides, Working with textboxes.
- Changing a slides Layout, Applying a theme, Changing Colours, fonts and effects, Creating and managing custom Colour & font theme, Changing the background
- Managing slides master, Managing theme.
- Changing the font, font size, font colour, text fill,
- Adjusting character spacing and line spacing Formatting text boxes.
- Word arts, styles,
- Formatting bulleted lists and numbered list,
- Finding and replacing text, Correcting your spelling
- Creating a new and editing a table’s structure,
- Selecting, deleting, moving, copying, resizing and arranging objects,
- Working with drawing tools, Applying shape or picture styles, Applying object borders, object fill, object effects.
- Working with clip art collection
||Basic structure of HTML
- Structure of HTML Page
- Inserting formatting tags for Text: bold, italic, underline, line break, special character, predefine headings, paragraph, comments.
- Font color, size, Alignment
- Margin with body tag, background and text color
- Ordered and unordered lists
- Use of Frames for structured viewing
Tables, Images and Links in HTML
- Tables – basic structure, Using TD, TR, TH tags, use of basic elements in table : border, cellpadding, cellspacing, width, caption, align, bgcolor
- Images in web page: inserting and formatting of images using SRC, border, Vspace, Hspace, align, ALT, height, width and background in HTML page
- Types of links: Linking two or more web pages, linking within a web page, linking to external page, linking to a specific point in another web page, linking image file, mailto.
- Working with Multimedia Objects
Video and sound file. Add marquees of scrolling text. Inserting
and controlling video and audio in HTML page